Wednesday, 4 February 2009

There's no heat without thunder

That is certainly true here. Last night the heavens opened and the sky got very loud and bright. It would also seem that storms here don't just arrive and go, they last for hours- 4 am was the last time I heard thunder.

As you know I am NOT a lover of thunder and last night tested me on my inner strength. I have to admit that I didn't quite win the whole battle. I was very grateful to a few people who were online to chat to, and also very grateful my roof held together and had no leaks.

I went into the city today: it was almost like a ghost town. Very few people were out: public transport not working: no sellers on the side of the street; a lot of roads flooded, some washed away. The damage after one night of rain unbelievable.





Lucia has been receiveing some treatment for her skin and I am glad to say looks like a new child. It is very encouraging.

No comments: