Today I received a parcel from home... in it were contents I would normally get at Christmas.. I know it's the start of Feb but tonight I feel all Christmassy. I love getting something from home. Makes a gal feel special.
Today has been a lovely day, long but lovely. Church today for me lasted at least four hours. I think there were 400-500 people there. It was easily 44 degress with no breeze, many sweaty bodies and the fresh aroma of strong B.O. However, in the midst of all this there was a very strong sense of God's presence. And when you stop to think about it, there was no deoderant when Jesus walked the earth... and oh boy did he walk in some hot places!
Last night my house mate and I exchanged a number of words over the kitchen table. Gosh, that makes it sound like it was a rough conversation, what I mean is we were trading Portuguese and English words. Or as it turned out Norn Irish words, clearly my accent is stonger than I remember. Last night was a lesson on numbers.
So it was going very well until we hit the number 50! Clara pronounced it with the thickest Belfast accent I have heard in a long time. It reminded me of the sketch from the two Trolls M & 50 who go from Dublin to the North of Ireland for a day. In their opinion no one can pronounce 50's name right. If you listen I hope you get an idea of how Clara sounded last night and how much I fell about the kitchen laughing at the pronouncation. It's ok she wasn't offended I got a friend to explain exactly why I was splitting my sides. Oh and don't worry she gets her own back when I pronounce Portugese words and also make up a few Norn Irish/Portugues words.
The Trolls go "Up North".
Sunday, 1 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment