I am thinking of starting a different blog – just for Monday afternoons at the Bocaria! Yet again…. I am amazed and come away so joyfilled.
For the last number of weeks we have been teaching on the Holy Spirit. Yesterday, we felt it was right to teach on being filled with the Holy Spirit. What a day!
Both Vella and I in the morning were feeling so sick, tired, had bad headaches. Vella came very close to cancelling it. Then we both twigged what we were teaching on and actually what was coming against us to attack and stop what God has intended for that afternoon at the dump.
So yesterday was about 42 degrees, which means the dump would be hotter and smokier than normal. JOY!
The teaching went well. I go to use the example of being filled with Holy Spirit by covering one of the boys in a gallon of water! The kids I am sure will never forget that illustration!
Then we asked for those who wanted to be filled to raise their hands, and slowly about 25 kids hands went up (there were about 40 there in total.) We went round them all individually and prayed for them. Nothing wacky went on, but it was clear that Holy Spirit was coming on them very gently and some lost in his presence and others burning with the power in them. Just a truly amazing afternoon and another reminder that God will see his purpose fulfilled regardless of how ill we feel and don’t want to do things.
Tuesday, 27 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment