Monday’s Bocaria saw me giving my first Bible lesson there. Giving talks to kids is something I have done on a number of occasions on a number of topics. For me though I think this one has to be a first. “The Witch of Endor.” (For those of you who don’t know, there is a story about a witch in the Bible, it’s in the Old Testament, that’s all the help you get if you want to read it).
The teaching was based on Witchcraft and Spritism. The kids here may be young but I am sure all have been exposed to bad spirits and all have been taken to a Witch Doctor.
So there was nothing like going in at the deep end for my first time giving a talk there. And please don't worry, I did not speak in Portuguese - I had the help of a translator who said he was relying heavily on help from the Holy Ghost to understand my accent. (He did say at the end I was easy to understand, but still thanked the Holy Ghost for his help - wasn't quite sure how to take that!)
It has to be said that for me this was an awesome afternoon. When ministering with kids and you ask them to put their hand up, normally Jimmy puts his hand up because Joe beside him did, you know what I mean. However, we asked them to close their eyes and for those who wanted to repent from being involved with Witchcraft or bad spirits to raise their hand. Well the response was amazing, there was no – “I’ll do it cause he’s doing it” This was a real heart response. And I pray that those hearts God touched will be able to gain strength and trust in Him. Next week sees a series on the Holy Spirit. I get to talk on Who is the Holy Spirit?….now where did I put my Alpha notes!
Wednesday, 7 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment