Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Joy

All the children I work with are walking miracles in one way or another and its a privilege to be part of their lives.

Angelo is one of these kids. I think he is 1.5 or 2 years old and he lives at the Bocaria. When he is not at the preschool attached to the church he is being looked after by his older brother who is 11. His mother leaves the house at 6 am and is often not back until 8pm at night. This is quite normal here. I have been to the house they live in and its a nice house, the mother clearly loves her children but has to work to provide for them.

Angelo is there most weeks on a Wednesday and loves to run over to us when we arrive. I have often given bible lessons with him in my arms as he seems to cry when he is with the Mozambicans.
He is a very cute child and an infectious giggle when he is tickled.
Today during worship he really caught my heart. We were there dancing away, clapping and doing all the actions. I look down and there he is dancing the best he can and keeping a really good rhythm it was the sweetest sight. He then got really into the dancing and the only way to describe what he looked like was a wind up toy kinda out of control. He really was the funniest sight and I stood for a few moments just laughing at this very precious miracle in front of me and thanking God Angelo is in my life. Today this little child, without knowing it, brought me the biggest amount of joy.
From Chris in Moz




No comments: