When kids are sick I do have a lot of sympathy and patience for them,some more than others it's true, but none the less when they are young,sick and it's a horrible hot day I do like to make sure they know someone cares.
Today Lucia has kept us on our toes. For most of the day her temp has been around 103F and she has just been having a bad day.
So being the caring soul that I am went tonight at dinner time to spend sometime with her. The Tias were busy with the other kids so I thought it would be a great idea while she was quietly sitting on my knee to give her the medication she needs.
Things were going very well and I was almost done. I was chatting to my friend Meghann who was also there saying how good it was that she was not vomiting on me and was taking the meds very well! But of course - I spoke too soon.
There was a massive projectile from the little person on my knee - I was covered while everyone else in the room looked on and reacted like you would in a slow motion movie.
We all recovered from the shock and amusement at my complacency. I then went to put her down so I could start to clean up. There was so much mess on the floor as I held her, she couldn't find her footing at all and was sliding around like a person on a frosty morning - forgive me but it really was the funniest sight. I passed her over to Meghann who also then tried to put her back down but the same thing kept happening Meghann held her while Lucias feet just kept slip sliding in sick. I could do nothing but laugh at this poor wee soul so sick but yet so comic. My compassion went right out the window as the giggles took over. Me covered all over, Lucia not able to stand and the Tias in shock at a white person covered in sick. It really was something from a comedy movie. I truly received an amazing anointing.
I still don't quite understand why no one would hug me tonight!
Monday, 21 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
BWAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah, we've had something similar happen once with Nellie. Once you get over the shock, it is rather funny. Had something on a smaller scale today with Nate - but fortunately only had to change my shirt & his as he didn't get any on the floor.
Post a Comment