Having not been on a plane for over a year I had forgotten how much I hate landings and with nobody to hold my hand I had to be a big girl about it all.
I almost didn't make it out of Moz as apparently there is a limit on how much cash you can take out of the country - who knew, and why didn't they tell me! I of course had all my notes in my pockets which i had to empty to go through the redicilious x - ray machine. So, both security guards were focused on me and the money issue rather than the screen and watching what others had in their carry on. T.I.M.
So off to J'bourg - now life has a funny way of repeating itself!. When I flew out to Moz over a year ago I got very distracted at the x ray machine in Heathrow and managed to leave my passport, boarding card and wallet at the security desk. It wasn't until I was standing at the gate about to board I realised what I had done!. Clearly I did not learn my lesson the first time round becuase I didn the exact same thing at Jo'bourg. In my defence I was having one of those moment where I realise how much I LOVE Africa and certain thing happen here and no where else in the world. I am refereing to the fact that as I was passing through security all the guys were singing and harmonising together and there was Joy in them, it was was an awesome sound and like I said, you would not get that anywhere else in the world.
I strike up a conversation with the guy who started it all off and we kept chatting about his church and how he sings there and so I say bye and walk off - My passport, boarding card and phone are still sitting in a little black container at the end of the belt. FAIL!
It wasn't until I went to txt someone that I realised what I had done and for the second time in my life. When will I learn.
The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. I arrived back here to the cold and and still trying to thaw out. NOT fun, missing Moz a bit.
1 comment:
Don't lie...you are missing Moz more than a bit! You miss us a lot...and just maybe some of your favorite tots as well!!!
Post a Comment