Monday, 24 May 2010

Feels like the Summer of '69

As I lay in the 30 degrees we are having in London my thoughts are drifting back to days like this in Moz. Of course a day like today is more like "winter" in Moz. 

I am back in the UK now almost 5 months. Did I intend to stay this long - well not quite. God seemed to have other plans in store. 
So what am I doing now? 

When I was "at home" I had an interview for City University to study children's nursing. Never really thinking anything would come of this I went and was expecting it to be a closed door. Somehow, there were other plans for the next season in my life. I have the interview on the 13th Jan and was offered the place the next day. Not starting in Sept like most courses but starting 15th Feb. Crunch time and decision time had to be made. Well the fact I am still here may give you some clues as to how the decision went. This was the hardest decision I have ever had to make, but there was clear guidance in it and so 15th Feb I started to train to become a children's nurse, my heart is to go back to a developing nation and serve there... watch this space.  So exams are just round the corner hence the joy of being able to enjoy the sun here in London. 

Leaving as quickly as I did was not ideal, my stuff was still in Moz and there were many people I had not said goodbye too. So in the last 2 weeks I had the opportunity to go back and for want of a better term find closure on my time in Moz. I will blog later about going back and seeing my friends and the kids again but it feels wrong to talk about that before I share with you about Dino. So please see my next instalment all about him. 

No comments: