Sometimes you know that when you move on from a place or move away there are people that in this life you will never see again and that's ok to a degree - then there are those who you never image you will not see in this life again. I never thought this would happened when I left Moz in Dec and yet on the 12th Jan '10 it did.
Coldplay song Fix you has the line " And the tears come streaming down your face, when you loose something you can't replace" This was certainly the case for me when the news that "Mr Dino" as he was know to all round lost his battle for life.
I had previously written about the first time I met Dino. Please see http://chrisinmoz.blogspot.com/2008/09/tues-19th-feb-malnutrition-answered.html for this.
Going back in these last few weeks made his death much more real and having to come to terms with him not being there was probably one of the hardest and painful parts of returning.
He had been a little sick before I left but not sick enough to think I will never see you again in this life. The shock of his death was hard and knowing that if he has been in a western hospital it probably would not have happened just raises more questions in my mind.
Dino died on the 12th Jan '10, the day before my nursing interview. I was sure I wanted to become a children's nurse but knowing that really Dino died in vain made me more determined that I wanted to return to Africa as a trained paediatric nurse.
The following DVD is my tribute to Dino, one child who made a massive difference in my life and who is sorely missed. I know he is dancing and happy now but doesn't make it right.

No comments:
Post a Comment