Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Sun 17th Feb. Bocaria Kids, Hospital and Dancing

Had the worse dream ever last night. Didn’t sleep well. So I got up early for bread. Bread and black tea was the breakfast option. The girls were tucking into it. Just dry bread.

Church was amazing. I sat with the baby house kids and Tracey’s dorm. I have danced and sweated so much this morning. Then the best part being brought up to be prayed for. It was so amazing. I felt because of building relationship's with some of the kids they wanted to pray for me because they know me. The sound in church was doing my head in and one the mic cables has a loose connection so I found it hard to stay seated and not walk over to help.

Church was eventually over and I am out of my skirt! Headed back to church where I knew the older ladies would be waiting and the kids from the Bocaria.

I sat with the kids while we waited for lunch and we played around and laughed with them. Then lunch time. I can honestly say I don’t think I have ever had better company for my Sunday dinner. It really was an honour to spend time and share food. Lunch was rise with some sort of pasta soup given to us on a plate. So for the first time I ate a little with my hands. Ok! This stuff is so hot my fingers are burning just lifting a little rice and pasta. This possible was the only substantial meal they will get all week and they are lifting this hot food like its nothing an enjoying every bite, I just could not sit and watch them without giving them mine. So as much as I could I divided it up among 12 very hungry mouths.



Kids from the Bocaria
Good Grub.


The oldest women are the last to be fed. I saw a lady walking up with the aid of a walking stick and she really needed it but once she was on her way back she had both hands on the plate and wasn’t able to walk. No one was helping her. I just couldn’t get over that so I don’t know if it was culturally insensitive but I got up and carried her soup. They looked at me like I was strange. Anyway having lunch with these guys was amazing.

So from that straight to hospital ministry. Travelling in a Sharpa is a very hairy experience. These trucks are meant to seat about 15 people, so 45 people later they think they are full! Standing in a sharpa is not as much fun as the back of a cameo truck. Seeing Domingoes again has been excellent. He is such a warm loving caring guy who wants to be a Dr. We chatted in the bus and he hasn’t seen his family in over 7-8 years. He prays for them but says he doesn’t know with the floats if they are still alive. This guy has faithfully visited and become family to Alfredo.

We started at the hospital. Domingoes had no money to buy bananas so it just seemed wrong to go to hospital without bananas, so the cost of bananas if so cheap.

First stop was Tino. Why? I can’t or maybe don’t know how to write how this has effected me and this is only one boy out of how many each day die from Aids.

We then went round the ward, what I can only assume was a respiration ward. I went to pray for a mother and her 2 month baby. This child was so malnourished. The skin was hanging off her bones. She really was just boned. I think she maybe had TB as well as she was coughing, it was only blood that was coming out. Her mother looked very ill also. Before I started to pray I noticed a witch doctor Charm around her wrists. I don’t think I have ever felt as angry.

Through Domingoes translating I preached to the mother that the witch doctors would not be able to save her child and prayer and belief in Jesus was the only true way. I then preached today to cut the charms off the kid. I was so angry and was binding and loosing this that and the other. The sad thing was that this was not the only child like this. Every room we went into had one or two children with witch doctors things on them. Between Domingoes and me we cleared everything and renounced what we could.

This felt like real warfare and pretty heave really stuff. I do wonder what if any of the stuff gets attacked to you, any way I covered myself also! This did feel heavy stuff. We headed on to see Alfredo on the burns unit. I had forgotten how awful the burns unit is. There was a baby there who had obviously fallen bum first onto a fire. This kid couldn’t even have a nappy. How he will ever walk again only God knows.

Alfredo’s head is so much bigger. Domingoes is so good with him. Alfredo is a lovely boy. Sadly Zimpeto don’t have the medical capacity to deal with him.

The offer of KFC was greatly received was very hungry as I didn’t manage to eat lunch and heat was sapping me.

On the bus ride back we pulled in somewhere and I was sitting at the window and a Mozambican said “Hey my friend wants to marry you”. So if nothing else ever comes up I know I have a man in Moz who wants to marry me!

I still can’t get used to women just breast feeding anywhere. Today in church and then on the Sharpa! Just seems too weird. Well I tried to go find some space this afternoon or early evening when we got back and so I got some photos of the wall which has been rebuilt and met a new kid who I gave a met too so he could buy some cabosa.

Evelyn then tracked me down to go and have a drink with Mateus, He has an amazing story. He is one of Heidi’s original boys and was there in the car the tine of the tree story. I want to get an email of his testimony. Meeting him has blown me away and helps restore your faith in humanity.

The girls are back from the conference. Gill has not been well at all.

Headed outside for a little but tonight and some people were under the tree worshipping. So Pai came over and we were talking about dancing in church in London. I said to him people don’t dance. I want everyone to see his face! It was so shocked – this led him to teach me to dance so I could teach the church how to dance – this was hilarious. Well Pai and me dancing. I LOVED IT.

It has to be said that today has been such a mix of emotion. But an amazing day.

No comments: