Friday, 7 August 2009

All quiet on the Eastern Front

T.I.M - This is Mozambique. 

Where can I start to tell you about the last few weeks. The pace here certainly seems to be picking up. Thank goodness we are in the winter season where its only low 20's. 

Next week there is a conference happening for the Nation. There is a real level of expectancy with this, so will be interesting to see what will happen. 

Last week I took the biggest group yet to the Bocaria, we had almost 40 people there. It was quite a site, a violin and 2 guitars also helped make a joyful noise.  

Today I got up a stupid o'clock to take kids for their BCG. As we waited sitting opposite us was a row of women with their day old babies having their vaccines, then of course once that is one they get to go home!. A lot of these women were still having massive trouble walking. The mind does boggle at this thought, then the other side of me thinks, well if they were born in the community the women would continue with life anyway.There is something to be said for having the kids vaccinated at birth as it took 3 people to hold down one of the girls we took today!. 

Also this week I have had the pleasure of buy a kid their first pair of decent shoes now I feel like a proper grown up!. 

No comments: