It's fair to say that I have found today in my top 5 days that leave you emotionally wrecked.
One of the boys we have been close too at the dump stole a phone at the weekend, so local vigilantes are now looking for him. This means he has run to the streets rather than have them find him. It's hard to imagine him living on the streets. Sadly, he will survive only too well there. I am praying that our street team find him soon.
Today the mother of a family we are close to at the Bocaria andspoke to me at the end of church and said she really needed prayer. She went on to tell me that yesterday a girl was raped in the bathroom of her (the mothers) house. The suspects are her young teenage son, who I know, and his friend.
I fought hard to bury my own emotions and feelings on this and held her tight in my arms as she wept sore...She is scared her son will go to jail.
The police are involved and the mother said "the Girl was OK, She had no marks on her!!!" OK?.... OK?.... how can anybody be ok after that? I was SO angry with this mind set, as were a few other females around. I had to fight to not jump on the judgmental bandwagon and be calm and pray for her.
This woman has been though a lot - her "husband" has not been around for a long time. He has many women in many places and she knows it!!!! She has been faithful to the church and to her kids.....now she has to try and get the truth from her son - she is so scared he will go to jail. I held back from saying what I think should happen!
But today has taken every ounce of compassion I have to try and remain un-judgemental...... and show love to this broken woman while everything inside me wants to react to this appalling act and find the guys.....
No comments:
Post a Comment