Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Old Friends

When I arrived back in Moz, there were a few people I was really looking forward to seeing. One of them was Olga - since my first visit here I have always taken an interest in her. I started to ask around to find out where she was and found out she had been reintegrated with a family member.

One my first trip here she was sick with a fever so I went to her room to pray for her, then a few days later I got sick with Malaria and she came and prayed for me in the dining room. I really valued her heart of compassion that day.



Then on my next trip here we got to hang out more and share the Saturday evening milk and cookies.


To it was a real joy to be able to go and visit her yesterday in her house where she is living with her brother and other family members. The ministry still helps them with food and clothes. Sadly she doesn't have a lot of clothes so yesterday we were able to give her a lot. I pray the other family members let her have them and don't sell them.
She gave me a big smile when I spoke to her yesterday. It was amazing to be able to spend a little time with her.


Olga and I yesterday.


With her brother.


Wearing the some of the new clothes we brought her.

No comments: