Monday, 6 July 2009

'Cause it's a Bittersweet Symphony this life.

It's that time of life again here on the centre. We are able to re-integrate some of the youth back with family members we have been able to track down, or who are now in a position to care for them.

This news, both for the dorm parent and the individual, is very much bitter sweet time. There is happiness that family has been found, but there is also a lot of uncertainly about the future. A number of the boys get quite scared and so stealing can go through the roof at this time as they take what they can. They have made a lot of friends here and for a lot all they have know is living here and this is family. Going back to a new community can be overwhelming. Please remember these guys and the dorm parents, I know there is a name on the list that I am really miss, a kid that one day I hope will be an international speaker.

No comments: