There is one question on the Mozambican's lips which I don't have an answer to - When are you returning? It's hard to explain to them that I don't know when, it hard not having email contact with them. Today I went in to say goodbye to them and they blessed me with a capalana. In Moz culture a Capalana is a long piece of cloth that is used for many things and also given as a gift. So today I received two which they proceeded to "dress" me in. HILARIOUS - So one was wrapped round as a skirt and the other was put on my head - I really wasn't very sure how to react to this - they did think it was amusing and there are photos to follow. I know that these gifts will remain with me and I also know the cost of giving me one of these.
Saying bye to the kids was nice - what was even funnier there was the response I got from Dionisio. I had picked each of the kids up and in English said I love you to which they replied "I love you" - also in English. Remember they are between 2-4 yrs - cute. I picked Dio up and when through this and he said back to me "I love you, mais ou menos". Mais ou Menos in Portuguese means more or less! He had me giggling hard. Me: I love you. Dio: I love you more or less!
Flying out over the Bocaria again meant I got another photo or two and so onto Addis where I am now. My flight to the UK is at 1.25am so I have a few hours to put in here. Thankfully it is colder here so the warmer clothes have come in handy.
There will be many photos to trawl through when I am home and more stories to be told.
No comments:
Post a Comment