Sunday, 6 November 2011

It's church time.

Firstly, I have been told that there is a smurf like thing appearing with is quite distasteful - all I can say is I am sorry for this and have no way of removing it while I am here. Sorry.
 
The first Sunday of the month here is always quite special. Many different people come from many places to celebrate church together. Today was the day to catch up with many friends I have made while I am here, esp those from the Garbage dump. It's great to see some of the kids from there and catch up with those living there. Sadly I don't think I will be able to visit there on this trip. These people are very close to my heart.
Also today I was able to meet the mother of one of the boys who I looked after while I was here. It was great to see him with his mother. Time will tell if one day he can go and live with her. There are many different problems to consider before this could happen.
Of course as this is my last sunday here - you can't visit here without the kids praying for you and each pushing their little dirty sweaty hands hard on your head till you think your neck will break. Today was very special.
 
Last night I had the chance of sharing dinner with some of the missionaries here and catching up. It's great to have a fellow Irish person now as a Long Termer here. Last nights conversation also revealed new ways of composing things here in Moz - which if you knew how you would thank me for not sharing.
 
There is much change around Mozambique but somethings like the Sunsets stay the same and are simply just amazing.
 
 

No comments: