For those who have been asking I tought I would give an update of Latifo and Ni-ke the baby from the Bocaria.
Latifo came home on Thursday and is now in the nursery where we can monitor his eating and health. Today he is doing really well. Laughing, smiling, and happy to be left. Previously he had cried each time he was put down. It's good to have him back on the centre. What the future holds only time will tell. He has put on weight which is excellent. Do continue to pray for him.
Ni-ke (Nicky) the baby from the Bocaria sadly died last Tuesday. We visited with the mother yesterday who was remarkably good. He was the 3rd baby she had who died. Death is so much a part of life here that I don't think they realise what it is that has happened. A mother back home having lost 3 infants would certainly not be as strong as the mother I saw yesterday, a week after her child died.
Tuesday, 24 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What's wrong with Anne of Green Gables???!!! I quoted her in growth group just two days ago! (I particularly like the bit where she smashes a slate over Gilbert's head)
Post a Comment