Christmas Eve:
Joy to the World – the CD is finished (at least my part is). Watch the Album Charts -this may go platinum. The critics love it! My phone is ringing off the hook with buyers and record companies all wanting a piece of it. Oh sorry, must have gone into a day dream there! Back to the real world. We are looking for somewhere to duplicate it.
I was planning to go on street ministry, as the CD dragged on a little it meant I didn’t get to go which for me I think was a blessing in disguise. At that stage I found myself thinking a lot about home and what they would be doing to prepare for Christmas, etc. and really missing people. The teams went out to hand out chicken dinners to street people. While they were there things got quite nasty for one of the teams and some of the street guys started to grab the food and turned on the team. They drove off in the truck but the mob followed mounting the truck and throwing rocks at them, hitting one of our guys. Thankfully he is ok. I think if I had gone with them and been there in the middle of it, with how I was feeling, I would have been on a plane out that night!
I am moving rooms so I started painting in the afternoon. The name of my paint is Irish Glory (I took it as a sign from God when I picked up the first swatch card and saw the name). So tonight my room is finished and I am starting to move stuff in. Photos will follow.
Christmas Eve was magical. There was a candlelight service. The service had various dorms and people participating. The highlight for me was the nativity play. This was acted out by Tracey’s Dorm (age 5) and the oldest kids in the Baby House (4/5ish). A few photos below. The girl’s dorm did really well too. Their rap was a real crowd pleaser.
After the service I got to help be Santa. I was so excited. I have never done this before and never did I think it would be for 38 kids! They were all sleeping as we were sneaking out their bags. I loved it, and was imagining their faces on Christmas morning. What a buzz! Now it felt like Christmas.
In the middle of the day, the centre received a special Christmas present. A new boy, aged we think 7, named Lucas. From what I can remember he was abandoned in the hospital. He is going to need a lot of love and care, but smiles and laughs and to be able to share a few minutes of his life was a joy on Christmas Eve.
No comments:
Post a Comment