Monday, 8 December 2008

Here I am to Worship

Light of the world
You stepped down into darkness.
Opened my eyes, let me see.
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me

King of all days
oh, so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came To the earth You created
All for love's sake became poor.

We sang this today on the Bocaria. This blew me away. I am standing in the church on the dump with the poorest children in Africa singing about the Light of the world stepping down into darkness. Surely this is some of the darkest darkness the song is talking about.

All for love’s sake became poor. This is Mozambique, these are some of the poorest kids, they are all important to God, these are the people he would have been sitting among worshiping with today.

So here I am to Worship, here I am to say, God this is all about you. Here I am to stop for the one and love, and hug and show them they matter.

These kids today know what it is to have Gods love, these kids are Princes and Princess of the Kingdom and I got to share this with 300 of them today.

One of the girls was standing in front of me just totally lost in worshiping, the kids around her were trying to distract her but she was lost in Gods presence today. Just an amazing sight. Some days here are hard and that’s ok but some days I feel I can’t believe I get to be a part of this.

No comments: