Wednesday, 17 December 2008

What a Stinkin' Day!

Well as most of you know this is Africa. And in Africa anything can happen. This last 24 hours, well in fact since Sunday has had quite a few challenges in it, not least of all a break in to my room, but nothing was taken thankfully. The mozzie guard cut but they didn’t get the door. I am slightly nervous that they will come back!


Second challenge is that the Church sound board which was caught innocently in a water fight on Sunday night cannot be brought back to life. It is fried! Thankfully I had the wit not to plug it in or I may have been toast! The thing to remember is that in England, this would be very bad. However, here its a disaster as they are not as easy to repair or replace! And I will be living by faith for a new one.


This afternoon however was a totally difference challenge! We had a sewage truck “fall” into a sewage hole. We think the land gave way, but see the photos. The smell was awful! And we really bless them as they kindly dumped all the sewage in the hole to make the truck lighter when trying to pull/dig it out!

Many of the long termers here had really wanted a swimming pool onsite… I somehow don’t think this I what they had in mind, but the Lord does work in mysterious ways!



No comments: