Thursday, 20 November 2008

All you need is Sound.

Tonight I feel so alive. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would get to mix live sound in Africa let alone for a session like tonight. I honestly think there was dusk falling from the speakers. It was kinda loud. This is all in the hope that from this we will have enough stuff for the CD. It will be raw but it will be the real heart of Zimpeto on a Thursday night. Having dreaded opening the studio door this morning for what I thought would be another day of frustration I am going to bed now with a sense of excitement and wonder as to how much fun the editing will be.

So on this note of joy I thought I would share another very special story. If you can be bothered, scroll down and read the entry on Dino from the 15th Feb. I have been waiting to see how he is doing 9 months after I left. Iris here has a great number of stories of kids who have come in severely malnourished and are now blooming. Well as it turns out it’s the same story of hope for Dino.

This pic is when he arrived aged 17 months.

The below was taken this week. Dino is just thriving.

No comments: