Sunday, 23 November 2008

Beautiful Day

To all of those who are reading in the freezing climate of the UK sorry you may want to stop reading now.

Today has been hot hot hot! Today has also been the first day since leaving the UK that I have listened to my own music. The first song to come on was Beautiful Day by U2 and I couldn’t have picked a better song.

Well church was long and loud, I think in Mozambique loudness is next to Godliness!
So was desperate for some me time, had been sweating over the sound desk for too long this morning, and somehow the equipment isn’t working. Sigh! (Oh and it was nothing to do with me sweating on it I may add!!!)

I thought I would get some domestic chores done – sorry to all of you who don’t like the fact that I had to do washing on the Sabbath but really it was a necessity and also the machine WAS working. So two loads later I headed out to the kids.

The baby house has just made it to the play ground. Yeah, sitting in the sand with the sun blazing down - just bliss. Some of the kids were having a treat and got to play in the paddling pool, so I thought I would go see how it was going.

Today I had intended to get my washing done, but what I hadn’t intended was to wash the clothes while wearing them.

The kids thought it would be great to have a water fight. Well for those of you who know me, know I am really not one for a water fight and do my very best NOT to start one or get everyone around me soaked. Well I did all I could. But, somehow and I really don't know how, I got totally soaked!! Mama Chris, Mama Chris Agua!!!!! The laughs and screams of all the kids in the pool, it just seemed unfair not to join in.

It really has been a Beautiful Day.

1 comment:

Jo Anne said...

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out