Finally a day with Sun….. I was beginning to think I was still in the UK with all the rain of the last few days.
So my first Saturday here. Well how else do you spend it but sunbathing and swimming and yes I swam (sorry to any of you who are not traumatised by the thought of me in a swim suit…get over it). Today I have gone further north into Mozambique than I have ever been before, granted only 15mins drive more but still. The reason for this was a Bridal Shower at a private resort. One of the Long Termers is getting wed to a Mozambican so all very exciting.
As I write I have a few patches on my legs where I seems to have missed the sunscreen and yes I did apply more than once to all you out there who know how brown I get.
It was just bliss to stop and lay by a pool and take in the fact that I am in Mozambique.
Last night saw the worst electrical storms I have ever watched flash though the sky, and driving home from dinner it really was a drive of faith. Whatever you do don’t rely on the car in front to guide you they don’t have a clue what they are doing any more than we did.
Back on base today and out playing with the some of the kids in the sand. What a blast. The stories of some of these kids is heartbreaking and yet so full of hope knowing that they are here on the centre where love and help can and will be given.
Dino who I have previously written about on my last trip is one such example. I spent a day with him on the Malnutrition ward in the Central Hospital. That day nearly killed me emotionally. However it was all worth it when you see him today. A thriving vibrant 2 year old boy who is alive because people cared for him. I hope to post photos later.
So now… no rain today lots of laughing and the joy of editing sound. What more could a girl want. Maybe a good nights sleep.
Saturday, 15 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hi chris glad to hear you are having fun. hope you dont get too sunburnt. we are all praying for you here in cork and we think of you every day.give those beautiful babies a kiss for me, i would love to be able to do it myself.
HI! Thanks for all your support and prayers. Have been meaning to get your email address from M & D.
Will pass on the kisses at the moment there are 38 in the Baby House.
hey chris - will email properly soon, but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you lots. big hugs. x
that was actually from karen, not matt - this stupid computer! anyhows, the thought's the same! x
Post a Comment