Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Friends Old and New

It’s amazing in less than a week I have lots of new friends. I can’t quite believe it. They love to come and see me at night and after a while they like to come and sit on me and try and suck the blood from me. Yes you have guessed it Mosquitoes. I have a few bites and am trying desperately not to scratch and yes mum I am remembering to take my tablets every day. But they are relentless. The slightest opportunity and they are there. Though it nice to feel loved by such “special” little bugs!.

The new nursery opened on Monday the official grand opening is Friday. It’s a lovely room where we can house up to 8 babies up to 6 months old. It could be a very busy room. We have moved two from the Baby House into the nursery at the moment with the expectation once word is out it will fill up very quickly.

Was back the garbage dump today for Kids Church. It was so busy possibly because it is school holidays here or maybe because there were a team here last week giving away shoes and so those that didn’t come came in the hope there would be extra. What ever the reason it was brilliant. We are teaching the armour of God at the moment and seeing the kids stand up putting real armour on (ok so was its plastic) reminded me of walking across Clapham Common in the mornings taking my wee friend to school and us both putting our Armour on each morning. It’s great to see the same thing in Mozambique and London and yet made me realise I kinda miss the wee monkey back home.

Really what is with the thunderstorms here? It’s not funny anymore, I know that the last time I was here I conquered my fear a lot but tonight found me under my sheet again…. Ok one day I will stay up through it all.
Well the audio is getting edited. The brain cells are really being used at the moment it’s been a while since I have used Protools. My Portuguese is now almost fluent and so it now lets me talk to 2-3 yr olds. I am thinking what more will I need to know. This level of conversation seems ok with me. Will maybe still try and increase my vocab in case I need to talk to the police down the road.

No comments: