This is the editing program Protools which we are using to edit the songs on to make the CD.
My break from this yesterday was to go and help with sound for church! Church last night was excellent. The kids were being taught on how to hear the voice of God. We gave the kids a bit of space for 30 mins to listen to God and draw pictures or write words they heard him say to them. It was an amazing sight. All ages fully engaged. I can’t wait to see the pictures, we are hoping to use one for the CD cover. I know kids hear clearly from God much more than adults because they don’t come with the scepticism that adults can, or the personal agendas. Church was very special last night.
Today was more of the same and then my weekly trip to Shoprite. So my plan today was to go to Woolworths (which I know has just gone bust in the UK) then to Shoprite. However Woolworths here is like M&S back home. So you know already the food will be a little more pricy but today I thought as I am in new territory going into 3rd week it would be worth it. Sadly I didn’t go as mad as I had hoped (the exchange rate isn’t great at the moment) but I did manage to find a lovely pasta sauce which I have just eaten. Yum.
When you exit Shoprite you must show your receipt to the security guard who has a quick look round the trolley, scribbles on the paper and you exit. So I am slowly walking back to the van. Suddenly it hits me…. I don’t have enough groceries…where is my chicken and burgers and the drinks I bought. Agggh panic… I am going to have to go back in, lift MY shopping and somehow convince the security guard that it is mine even though my receipt has been signed. All this time thinking I will probably end up in Jail for “shoplifiting”. I have no passport and how do I explain that I was stupid and left my groceries behind… what is the word for groceries in Portuguese anyway, why didn’t I pay better attention in my language class! Anyhow you will be glad to know, that they actually let me out after finding a security guard who spoke English, he didn’t really care and I am out and home with no mention of thieving or police… Phew, not do that one again.
Maputo is an interesting place. You see all manner of things in a 30min drive. Local buses are bursting at the seems and some even about to fall over! All sorts of things for sale at the side of the road, kids are playing, delapitaded buildings, junk, people pulling karts etc. Each time we go to Shoprite we drive past the bocaria and it does help me remember why I am here and also what the important things are in life and not to worry about security guards at Shoprite.
Leaving the shopping centre I witness a guy being chased by a group of men throwing stones/rocks at him. I am assuming that he had stolen something and so, because the police don’t really care, the locals take the law into their own hands and this is the result, people get stoned and beaten and sometimes to death if the community feels the crime is severe enough. The guy today did seem to be holding his own.
Today has been a pleasant 105F! So here's hoping for a cool night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment