Firstly for those of you who are still getting to know me here’s another thing you need to know– I don’t do so well without coffee esp in the morning! I packed my small cafetiere to bring out with me. Sadly when I opened my rucksack I was met with the sound of shattered glass. I can hear the cry “Well just buy another one”. That isn’t as simple here, when you do find one which I did, the price tag was 1,500mts. Now the exchange rate isn’t good at the moment I think it’s about 40mt = £1. So you can do the math. Tempting and all as it was I couldn’t justify that so had to face reality that I would be surviving withdrawal and grabbing a cup at anyone else’s house when I could.
I had been plotting how I could get one sent out with any visitors or long termer this side of Christmas.
However a miracle happened! Look what I got. Isn't it a thing of beauty!
A friend found it in a shop for 200 mets which I was more than willing to part with. Horray…… I am sooooooooo happy and for those who have been supporting me in the plight of the shattered cafetiere can now breathe for what was broken has now been replaced.
My second essential survival present is below.
What is it: It’s a mosquito zapping racket. It electrocutes the mosquitoes. This is so much fun. I have killed 3 so far, but my pesky little friends have been biting the ankles and legs off me. So now its time for revenge and I am going to enjoy it. You see a mosquito, hit it with the racket and you can hear it fry and smell it burn. Upon killing on it also gives off a very satisfying blue flash as the mossy dies. I am sure Mosquitoes are not protected under cruelty to animals so war has begun. This new weapon will surely help me win.
1 comment:
Be warned! Those rackets are rather addicting... You may find yourself unable to let go. You'll learn there is a particular technique to using it to get the ones sitting on the ceiling. But I agree - nothing beats the ddttz of frying mozzie! (or anything else that has been annoying you for a few hours!)
Post a Comment