Saturday: 105 degrees – what better than a swim in a place off centre, there was also a gentle breeze which helped. It was bliss lying listening to music by a pool. I promise there is hard work happening in the other 6 days of the week. However the sun and I don’t always get along so today my shoulders are a little sore.
Sat night I got to go out for Thai food! We were saying goodbye to two of the long termers here. It was good food and great company.
Before going to the restaurant we dropped into Maputo Hyper Market where I found myself in the unusual position of walking round a mall with no kids and no one else with me. It was so strange, I kept looking round to make sure they were with me – of course they weren’t!
Me being me, I headed straight to the technology area. It’s nice to see someplace where I can buy my own kettle if I need to, oh and the biggest and widest flat screen television you could ever want! Of course 5.1 surround sound speakers and I am sure the cardboard they come in will provide a good home for one of the street boys to sleep under.
How in this world can there be such extremes in a reasonably small capital. I walked out of the store feeling so sick, almost hating every piece of modern technology ever made. (I have gotten over that as I am very thankful for my laptop and internet access). Hopefully you get my point.
Sunday, 30 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment